Troy Assos Ayvacik and Local Village Tour
Meal : Lunch
Troy – Assos – Ayvacik & Local Village Tour
07:30 Depart from hostels / hotels.
08:00 Ferry crossing from Eceabat to Canakkale over the famous Dardanelle waters.
08:30 Arrival in Canakkale and drive to the site of TROY, 36km to the south.
* Troy – Tour the historic home of the Trojan wars at Troy with a local, english speaking guide.
Here you will see the remains of 9 city levels destroyed over time by different forms of destruction both human and natural. You will hear the stories of the myth and the history behind the excavations.
* Depart for Ayvacik â a small non touristic town with a great Friday market where you can buy all sorts of local produce, fruit & vegetables and handicrafts. Youâll have plenty of time to wander around and maybe even pick up a few bargains! You will have lunch in Ayvalik.
* Depart for Assos, A traditional stone house village set upon a mountainside with a beautiful harbour down the bottom, overlooking the island of Lesvos. Here we will tour the Temple of Athena on the highest point of the mountain and have Turkish tea at a local Ãay (tea) House which has an extraordinary set of coffee tables to sit at.
* Late afternoon departure for Village, Here you will wander the traditional village seeing sights such as the old wheat crushing wheel and the thatched summer houses for the sheep. A small stone built house which is full of Turkish hospitality.
* Late evening departure for Canakkale and Eceabat. Canakkale or Eceabat and transfer to hotel. Tour ends.
- Personal expens
- All transportations in non smoking vehicle
- Entrance and ferry fees included
- Fully guided tour of Troy & Assos
- Visit local Ayvacik market
- Visit Assos and tour the temple of Athena
- Walk in the village
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Local taxes